Saturn Homam ( Fire Ritual)
Saturn Homam ( Fire Ritual)
Shani Shanti Homam – Saturn Fire Ritual
Saturn or Shani is considered to be a great teacher. He is the planet of karmic retribution. He can make a person a king or a pauper according to his karma or deeds. He is a judge who gives the results of one`s deeds as rewards and punishments.
He represents work, activities, discipline, restriction, endurance, ambition, delays, integrity, leadership and authority, humility.
Well placed Saturn in a horoscope makes a person successful in career, healthy, surrounds him with positive vibrations, grants uninterrupted success, fulfillment of desires, peace and prosperity. It endows one with good luck, fame, name, profits, and peace.
Badly placed Saturn could cause all round loss, uncertainty, miseries, loss of position, quarrels, hopelessness, immense negative effects in professional and personal life, loss of fortune, danger from enemies, and reduction in income.
Shani Graha or Planet Saturn should be propitiated to gain positive results and blessings from the planet through the performance of remedial measures.
Power of Shani Graha Homam
A homa to the Planet Saturn has the power to remove the astrological defects or doshas (impurities) in the horoscope caused due to badly placed Saturn. His worship in fire is powerful to remove physical sickness and mental worries and clear obstacles in one`s material and spiritual life.
Homa or yagya is a complete remedy for inauspicious results of a planet and provides long term relief from sufferings caused due to ill placed planet or planetary doshas.
By the performance of a homa, the heat generated from the holy fire or Agni and the sound from the mantra chanting are combined to yield the desired benefits.
Who should do homam to Saturn?
- To minimize the malefic effect of afflicted Saturn in the horoscope
- Running Saturn Maha dasha or Saturn antar dasha
- Those undergoing Saturn cycle/sadesati
- Debilitated Saturn
- If placed in the 3rd, 6th, 8th or 12th houses in an horoscope
- If you feel nothing is going right in your life despite best efforts
- Facing challenges at workplace or facing career problems or those seeking political careers
- Facing health problems – knee pain, joint pain, dental problems, accidents
- Enhance the benefits of Saturn in a horoscope
How is Shani Homam performed?
Shani Graha shanti homam or fire ritual includes mantra chanting to appease Saturn, tarpan or pouring water, havan or lighting of the sacrificial fire (Agni), offerings like ghee, herbs sticks of certain trees to the holy fire and feeding of Brahmins. The power of sound vibrations of mantras spread specific energy waves and purifies the atmosphere as oblations are offered.
Beeja Mantra for Saturn
OM PRAM PRIM PRAUM SAH SHANISHCHARAYA NAMAH
Benefits of Shani Graha Homam
- For professional and personal success – helps a person reach high positions
- Helps in retrieving lost hard earned money, wealth and property
- Protection from theft and robbery and all kinds of dangers
- His blessings will remove all difficulties in life
- Protects against depression and anxiety
- Brings prosperity
- Minimizes the effect of sadesati in your horoscope
- Removes loss in business
- Problems at workplace solved
- Financial stability regained
- Mental problems like depression, melancholy, loneliness are cured