Mercury Retrograde a short time period when the planet Mercury appears to move backwards compared to its regular motion as seen from earth is now starting. The attached images can help see why this appears to be so.
Actually Mercury Retrograde is nowhere near the very dangerous and difficult time its portrayed to be by fear mongering greedy astrologers out to sell you charms, remedies and rituals so as to make some fast money.
Mercury is the planet of communication, he rules over how we express ourselves, how we think and how we communicate our ideas and feelings to the outside world.
When Mercury goes retrograde, he helps us to shift our focus away from expressing outwards and into expressing inwards
Mercury retrograde is necessary to help us raise our consciousness and has a higher purpose that we may not be able to see.
Mercury retrograde is a time to:
- Reinvigorate yourself; slow down, take a break or short vacation, Recharge your batteries.
- Go within and work out how we really want to express our ideas and thoughts to the world.
- It’s a good time to get real with yourself and deal with all the feelings and emotions that have been buried inside for a long time. It’s a time of self reflection.
- It’s a good time to make a journal and put your thoughts on paper.
- Reassess your goals and where you are headed.
- Reconsider your communications with someone if you were harsh with them. And if you feel it’s necessary, mend fences with them.
- Reconnect with friends or relatives you have been meaning to but not been in touch with for a long time.
- Relax and slow down a bit. The world will carry on. Take care of yourself.
Mercury retrograde is a powerful time for redoing things:
You can use it to your benefit by doing any re-writing, re-working, revising, re-thinking, re-organizing, researching, repair – pretty much anything that needs to be looked more closely at or started again.
How to use this period to your advantage:
Plan ahead, use your free will, but also be mindful that everything happens for a reason. Even something that may seem to be bad luck at the time, can actually turn into something positive in the end. So if things do go wrong, look for the lesson in it and trust in the process. Try not to fret too much and go with the flow.
It goes without saying to double and triple check all contracts, back up all your data regularly in multiple locations, keep copies of receipts and documents carefully, don’t be in a hurry to sign any legal documents before understanding and getting them checked. Think before you say anything; especially something that may come across as harsh. Check any travel plans properly if any long travel is desired. There could be minor disruptions in communications, travel and related technology, but don’t get upset over this.
Don’t ever fear Mercury retrogrades
When you learn how to use the energy of Mercury Retrograde, you can have it work in your favor, rather than against you.
Senior Vedic Astrologer