Kuja Homam – Mars Fire Ritual
According to Vedic astrology, the nine planets in our horoscope control our karma and exert a powerful influence in our lives. A homam or a fire ritual is performed to reduce the negative effects and improve the positive vibrations in a person. Mars also called Kuja or Angaraka is the God of war and is ruled by Lord Subramanya. Mars represents energetic action, administrative skills, determination, ego and confidence.
Mars or Mangal blesses one with prosperity and wealth. But when badly placed in a horoscope it can cause aggression, anger, physical sickness, hurdles in life, enmities, debts, litigation and quarrels. To mitigate the evil effects, Mars has to be propitiated by a homam.
Power of Mars Graha Homam
Homam or yagna is an ancient practice to worship Gods in fire. Divine presence is invoked into the holy fire or Agni through chanting of Vedic mantras and oblations. It is powerful tool to cleanse karmic impurities that causes suffering.
A homam to Mars has the power to remove the astrological defects or doshas in the horoscope caused due to badly placed Mars. Homam or yagya is a complete remedy for inauspicious results of a planet and provides long term relief from sufferings caused due to ill placed planet or planetary doshas.
Who should do homam to Mars?
- To reduce disputes in married life or manglik dosh in horoscope
- To resolve mental, emotional and aggression problems and gain peace of mind.
- Running Mars Maha dasha or Mars antar dasha or Mars is malefic in your horoscope, then Fire ritual to Mars will help mitigate the evil effects caused by the planet
- To gain control over property related problems
- To pay debts and overcome financial difficulties
- To clear bad karma in the horoscope and witness major changes in life
How is the Homam performed
Mars Graha shanti homam or fire ritual includes mantra chanting to appease Mars , tarpan or pouring water, havan or lighting of the sacrificial fire or Agni, offerings like ghee, herbs sticks of certain trees to the holy fire and feeding of Brahmins.
Beeja Mantra for Mars
OM KRAM KREEM KRAUM SAH BAUMAYA NAMAH
Benefits of Kuja homam
- Victory over enemies
- Helps to gain stability in life
- Happy married life
- Blessings of Mars will give you freedom from financial problems, relationship problems and anger attacks